Jan 11, 2012

To Hollywood & Back....The Modern Day Hero's Journey.

I have to say I was treated well and really enjoyed the NWA Hollywood experience. Top to bottom things were run well and the one component I love the most was abundantly present... they were HUNGRY to be the BEST. To give the audience something memorable and special and make a mark in history. Thats what I want, in abundance... So I keep hunting... HUNGRY...


How do you not stay hungry when you're trying to go get it?? When you burn so much energy huntin' what you're after that you can't help but be hungry...

I speak in metaphors 'cause it is my natural way of expressing myself I guess. I've been on the hunt. I've been going after everything that this life has to offer me. I pick something, and I go get it. I'm blessed by God to have the ability to actually go get it though. This isn't a sermon, just givin' credit where its due.


This life is like race that we're runnin', goin' out there and jumping through hoops, dodgin' bullets and still gettin what it is you set out to accomplish. I've set out to take this NWA World Jr Title as far as I can, and let it take me as far as I can hold it. I set out to be a Fighting Champion, and I felt I had to bring the fight to my competition...

I brought the fight 1,433 miles from Dallas to Los Angeles, To NWA Hollywood...

The Challenger for my NWA World Jr Title... Nick Madrid. An extremely talented athlete with the "it" factor. He had tore through the NWA Hollywood Roster, even scoring a victory against Worlds Heavyweight Champion Adam Pearce. I was in the zone since that Tuesday and really was ready like a week prior, so I was salivating to punish Nick and show that I was worthy of being Champ to the People in Hollywood, and the Television Audience.

The match was really physical, and I know we're not big guys and all, but as Rodney Mack would say, "We we're bringin' the wood." There were a few occasions early on where I think Nick realized that I fight every match like my opponent stole something from me.

The kicks and punches started early, 'cause of me, which worked to my plan. It grounded the action and moved it to my favor, mat wrestling and physicality. He wasn't rattled, tho' it did wear him down. As far as the outcome you'll have to watch the show!

Nick is a great guy, dont get me wrong, but in the heat of battle I tend to swing for the fences and apologize later. Sometimes I don't apologize, but not Madrid. He's a class act guy that was a pleasure to Battle...

On the Subject of Battle...

25 man Battle Royal was next on the Agenda

I wasn't sure the ring would hold the likes of 25 behemoths, but I think since Ricker stayed his punk a$$ out of the ring the whole time, it held up. There were punches, chops and hammers flyin' in this "Over the Top rope Free for All"; the prize being a shot at Scorpio Sky's Coveted Television Championship. Having that Title ensures you TV time on wrestlings hottest show... I will say this, I made the Final Four, so tune in to see if I win the title shot!

My buddy the 300 Pound Manimal also got plenty of TV time, taking on Ever Popular: Famous B; and then had one of the best moments of the night, as K-Man, a fellow Cape Crusader, pressed Manimal like 100 times!! Tune in for that too.

Stay Down!!!
Also, Adam Pearce & Colt Cabana about caused a riot against Ced the Hitman & Eric "Not Bill's Illegitimate Son" Watts. Thats about all I caught of the show outside of my first person perspective, as I was prepping for battle.

To see all the episodes and such go to: http://nwahollywood.com/main/


TO GLORY!!

KD

No comments:

Twitter

Jay Cal’s View

Accepting Donations -- Thank You For You Visiting

top